You might have certain contacts whom you call very often. It maybe your siblings, husband or wife, colleague or business partner. Generally to call them you need to go to contacts, search for their name and tap on call. It’s a little bit time consuming process but you can save the time by settings the often called contacts as ‘Favorites’ in contacts menu. We have gone through a procedure on how you can set contacts as your favorites. But over the time as Android has been evolved from Android 2.3 Gingerbread to the big update of Ice Cream Sandwich has released, it brings a host of functions and features added to your phone. There is much demand for the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. Android ICS is not just about the Face Unlock or Data Usage or Android beam feature its more than that. The features added provides much improvements and enhancements from the previous version of Android and it has put itself in a strong fight with iOS 5 vs Windows 8 phone OS head to head this year.
Going through the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung Galaxy S II smartphone update which was received a few weeks back, I have spotted many new features. Since I have on the Indian version, I can spot so many new features added in the shortcuts menu. This includes Applications, Bookmark, Contact, Direct Dial, Direct Message, Directions and Navigation, Dropbox Folder, Kies via Air, Settings Shortcut and GMail label. Here in this article we will go through on how to add Direct dial contact and its purpose.
The ‘Direct dial’ option located under Shortcuts, is meant for the users who want to quickly add single touch call functionality to their smartphone. This option is spotted on the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system and I can spot this on my Samsung Galaxy S II smartphone. I really love this and with it I can now add contacts whom I call very often to my home screen and enable single touch call feature. This in turn saves my time of going through contacts, scrolling for the name and making a call. With this option I will be adding those contacts whom I call very often and this includes my family members, my friends and colleagues at my office.
To do this, follow the steps here –
- Long press on any of the home screen and you will see the following ‘Add to Home’ list.
- Among the various options you need to select the ‘Shortcuts’.
- In the shortcuts menu, there have been serious improvements from the earlier version of Android like Gingerbread, Froyo. Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich adds option to ‘Direct dial’ by which users can directly make a voice call with a single tap. Tap on the option of direct dial.
- Once you do that you will be spotted with the contacts menu.
- With the contacts menu, you need to select the contact to whom you call regularly.
- Once the contact selection is done, his name with the speed dial logo would be saved just like this
- Now when you want to call them, just tap on that icon and you are connected.
- In the similar manner you can add as many contacts as you want and this tutorial was of adding a single contact. Isn’t this lovely?
So how do you find this tip working for you?