All those who have Nexus One in hands can now update your phones to Android 2.3.6 GRK39F version. This update is an Official release through Google and anyone who have Nexus One running with Android 2.3.4 GRJ22 OS can update to this version. The updation procedure will work only for the Nexus One users and we request other users not to try this on their phones.
The primary instruction for Nexus One users is your phone should have Android 2.3.4 GRJ22 OS version, only then follow the procedure of this manual update. If your phone is not updated with Android 2.3.4 GRJ22 then get the updated procedure from here.
Steps for updating Nexus One with Android 2.3.6 GRK39F:
- Initially, download the Nexus one GRK39F file and save it to your PC (or Laptop) desktop. Now rename the file to ‘update.zip’.
- Now connect your Nexus One with PC (or Laptop) using USB cable and copy this update.zip file to the SD Card of your phone.
- Now reboot your phone and in the booting process just press power button and volume down button simultaneously.
- You will see ‘Bootloader’ option now, so go on and select Bootloader. After selecting Bootloader, select ‘Recovery’ option.
- After selecting recovery option your phone will be rebooting and you can view green triangle. So, now press power button and Volume UP button for few times until you see the recovery screen.
- Now select ‘Apply sdcard:update.zip’ and the device starts the process of updation. After completing the updation process, reboot the device.
That’s it; your Nexus One has successfully updated with Android 2.3.6 GRK39F.