Update: Instructions on how you can get Android 4.2.2 for your Galaxy Nexus.
- Download the .zip file from Google for your Galaxy Nexus Smartphone. Download Link
- If you have access to adb already and know how to operate it, you can stip the next step.
- However, if you do not have adb, you can download a copy of it from Android Developer Website by downloading the complete SDK of Android which comes along with ADB too.
- Now, open an instance of CMD or Terminal and navigate to the same directory where the ZIP file downloaded in Step 1 is placed at.
- Now, Type ” adb sideload 472aafeb9fe3.signed-takju-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.472aafeb.zip ” (Without the quotes) and press enter.
- Observe the phone now and it reboots and installs the 4.2.2 update of Jellybean initially.
- Though it might take a little while to boot up the first time as the installation process is taking place, you have successfully completed the steps needed to run the latest version of Android on your Galaxy Neus.
Google’s lineup of Nexus devices seem to be getting all the attention, just as ever. And now, the next update for Android, version 4.2.2 already seems to be rolling out to Nexus devices such as the Nexus 7, Nexus 10 and the GSM version of the previous generation Nexus device, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
The Android 4.2.2 update is the successor to the Android 4.2.1 version that’s currently running on the Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 and the Galaxy Nexus devices. Though there’s very little information currently on the 4.2.2 updates for these devices, it is observed that the Nexus 4 doesn’t seem to be on the list receiving these updates.
Video Demo :
Update: It is reported that bluetooth bug fixes have been improvised on the Nexus devices.
If you’re having one of these Nexus devices, you could probably check if there’s a software update that’s available directly by going to the About menu in Settings. Do let us know if at all you receive the update and we’ll keep updating this post as we get more information about what these updates bring to the phone.