App to Change Default Carrier Name on your Phone with Your Name
Almost everyone might have used a Nokia Phone and one of the very popular things was an “Operator Logo” as most of the users would like to set the Operator logo as their name or the one other than the actual operator name. So, on similar lines, today we will guide you in the due course of the article on how to change the operator logo in your Android smart phone with a simple tutorial.
Note: Please note that to change the operator logo in your phone, you need to ensure that your phone is rooted and as for changing the Operator logo the third party app needs to access the system data so as to make the required changes. This method of operator logo change will not be working for the phones which are not rooted.
- Your phone should be rooted,
- (optional) Minimum Charge level should be >20% so as to ensure that phone is rebooted successfully.
Note: Don’t use any special characters because it will be used in an xml file so for example a double quote sign will break the file.
Tutorial to Change Operator Logo on your Android Phone:
- First up you need to download the APK file of Operator Logo Changer from here to your computer. As soon as you download the same in your computer, you need to connect your phone with the compute and copy this APK file in your phone and then disconnect the same.
- Now, you need to disconnect the phone connected from computer and locate the app which you placed in your phone named “Carrier_Name_1.2.apk”. Open the same and follow the on screen instructions to install this application.
- It will take around a minute to install this application in your phone. Please note that in the process it may ask for the Super user request, you need to grant the same by tapping on the “Allow” option when prompted.
- Once the application is installed, from applications you need to open application called “Carrier Name”.
- Now, you need to enter the name which you wish to have an Operator Logo to show like we have entered “AndroidAdvices” below.
- After entering, select “OK” after which it will prompt you to back up the current / default operator name. Tap on “Ok” and then click on “Reboot” option which will be there at bottom right portion of the screen of “Carrier Name”.
Once the phone is rebooted, you will see that the operator name will be changed. Do let us know just in case if you come across with any issues in the comments section below as we will try our level best to address the same at the earliest.