The Mimobi is a TV application for mobiles to enjoy watching live TV on your phone. Phone? then why not on tablet? Since tablets are mobile devices with larger screen, its possible to watch live TV on Galaxy Tab tablets. We just come out here to show you how it works on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Since watching of live TV using the Mimobi.TV app is possible on 10.1 inches screen it is also possible to watch on 8.9 inches version and 7 inches version too. Not sure whether it works for other Honeycomb tablets!
The Mimobi app comes pre-installed on Samsung Galaxy Tab with other apps. This application supports HD TV playback but not sure whether HD TV channels like Discovery HD, Star Cricket HD, Star Plus HD, ESPN HD, etc., are available by Mimobi app.
Procedure to Watch Live TV on Galaxy TAB
There is not much long procedure for accessing Mimobi app on your Galaxy Tab, here are few steps procedure –
- Tap on “Apps” from any home screen on your tablet.
- Now among the various pre-installed apps tap on Mimobi or Mobile TV and once you tap on it, it will launch quickly within no time.
- If you are using it for the first time then you would require service activation, which is done by sending SMS on your Galaxy Tab. So you should have a 3G SIM inserted on your Galaxy Tab.
- Then check back the SMS that you have received. It will be received in no time.
- You would be then taken to the homepage of Mobile TV app on your Galaxy Tab and this is how it looks -
- It has three tabs – Home, Live TV and Shows. Click on ‘Live TV‘ and you would get the list of channels along with categories on the left side.
- There are many channels to watch out for and you can choose categories to view more channel specific listings.
- There are different categories in which you can organise and one good thing I liked about this app is that, it will list all of your favorite channels in “Subscribed” category.
- This is how I watch live TV on tablet. You have the option of choosing the resolution to HD or normal playback along with various other settings.
Importantly accessing live TV on your tablet would require the need of any data connection, if you have Wi-Fi available then its easy to connect but if you have 3G then you would be charged accordingly to your data plans.