Asus Transformer TF700 – Guide to Update with Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware
Asus Transformer TF700 smart device can now be updated with the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware. Yes you have heard it right, though the Jellybean 4.2.1 update for this device hasn’t arrived officially from the house of ASUS, till the time it arrives, you can very well apply this firmware update in your device with the help of the AOSP based custom ROM firmware. Still the optimizations are being done by the developer, you can install this update in your device. So, for all those who hate to wait just like us, you can head over to the tutorial which will guide you to update your device easily. So, let’s head to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Express Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps and not with any of the PC Suites. It’s much easier to backup all your data with the help of below mentioned step.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Install all the Drivers for Asus Transformer TF300T device in your computer. Also, you will have to make sure that the device is rooted and to check the same you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the PLAY Store.
1. OpenGL graphics
2. Bluetooth/Bluetooth Audio
What’s not working
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned steps, you now will have to proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Asus Transformer TF700 with Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.2.1 package for Asus Transformer TF700 & Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the downloaded zip files in your device.
- Once you have placed the file, disconnect the device and download the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store so that the device can be entered in the recovery mode. Alternatively, you can also enter the device in the recovery mode with the help of below mentioned step.
- Hold Volume Down button + Power button to enter the device in the recovery mode till you see the message “Press Volume Up to enter RCK (5s)”. Once it’s done, you now need to press Volume Down once to highlight the USB icon, then press the Volume Up button to confirm the same.
- Now, in the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the “Jellybean 4.2.1” Firmware Zip package and then the Google Apps Package which you have placed in your device.
- It will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update and once it’s updated successfully, you need to select “go back” and select “reboot system now”. Please note that it will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update and to reboot the device.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully updated your Transformer TF700 tablet with the Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware.