AT&T Motorola ATRIX MB860 Gets Software Update v4.5.141 OTA
Motorola Atrix MB860 users of AT & T might see a maintenance update been rolled out to them and they should keep looking for update notification on their mobile phone starting today. Infact, I would suggest you that you should be ready to upgrade your mobile phone to Android 2.3.6 update which is been delivered. This update to v 4.5.141 will bring a lot of Google Android security fixes, improvement to memory functioning and comes with improved stability.
Improvements & Enhancements
The following are the improvements included in this software update –
- Security wise, this update includes the latest Android security fixes
- The issues of phone automatically been rebooted when impacted with a heavy loading or high temperature
- Improvements in Wi Fi settings and easier to set up Mobile Hotspot now
- Bluetooth has been enhanced allowing users to launch the voice commands and enable headset when the phone is asleep
- Improvements to text messaging to provide a better experience
- Improvements are made to maintain the phone book contacts after the OTA upgrade
These update to Android 2.3.6 is available over the air and this update is only for the AT & T Motorola Atrix users. To install this update on your phone with actually no error or problems, we recommend users to proceed with this upgrade when your phone is at least 50 % charged, if its 100 % charged then its good. Importantly you should backup all the things in your phone and you can make use of the following Android applications and resources to help you better restore your old files –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
We recommend that you proceed with this software update while you are on Wi Fi network access because of two reasons. First it will take much time to download the upgrade files and second you will be charged for 3G or 2G download on your phone. Wi Fi provides faster download speed.
Check out on next page on how you can update your phone with the officially released Android 2.3.6 update.