You can update your phone via following two methods easily –
Update via OTA Notification
- If you have received a notification from AT & T or Motorola about this firmware update then you can pull down that notification from the notification bar and just click on download to proceed with the installation.
- Once the software files are downloaded, you need to tap on Install button.
- Once the software is installed, your phone will automatically get re started.
- You will get notification showing you that your phone is updated.
Update via Manual Process
- For those users who have skipped the notifications update or for those who didn’t receive any notifications then can check for the update on their mobile phones directly by going through Settings in the main menu.
- You need to select ‘About Phone’ option.
- Now tap on ‘System Update’ and a message will be displayed with the availability of an update.
- Tap on download to proceed with the download and then finally click on Install button.
- Once the software update is installed on your phone, it will automatically get restarted.
- That will complete the upgrade process
How to Check Software Version on your Phone
You can check whether the up gradation was successful or not by going through Menu > Settings > About Phone and you should see the following parameters –
System version: 4.5.141.MB860.ATT.en.US
Android version: Gingerbread 2.3.6
Baseband version: N_01.77.37P
Kernel version: 220.127.116.11
Build number: 4.5.141
Webtop version: WT-1.2.0-110_OLY-6