How to Backup Android phone Contacts and SMS to Computer
We have lots of options to backup our phone contacts, normally what happens is that people avoid taking backup for their contacts because they know that their account is in sync with the Google server, but this habit is not advisable. Well normally we use the backup and restore applications on our phones directly; this is because there are many backup and restore applications available on the Android Market which allow us to take backup of the contacts, SMSs, calendar, etc and the same can be very easily restored. Saving all the important data like backup on the SD card can be very handy but at the same time is SD card gets damaged by some or other reason the entire backup will be lost and it will be a havoc.
Well, for this it is advisable that one must save that particular backup file on their personal computers. Again if someone wants to manage the phone data on the personal computer itself then it might just get tougher, here managing of data refers to viewing of SMSs, call logs, contacts, installing applications, etc on the personal computer itself. So if we get this luxury of managing our data on our personal computer itself then it surely is something everyone must try. This application for personal computers will help you with not only managing data but it can also be used to backup data like contacts, SMSs, organizer, etc. The backup is stored onto one single file with extension *.mpb and can also be easily restored. This application is My Phone Explorer by FJ Software Development.
Using this application is very simple and backup procedure is also very easy. It is not necessary that only USB cable is required for connecting an Android phone to the computer but we can also use Wi – Fi connection or we can also use Bluetooth connectivity options. There are two parts of the software; they are Android client application and a server application that will be installed on a personal computer. Once the applications are installed simply follow the instructions:
- After installation of applications on computer and Android phone we need to make important change in the settings of the application on the computer. Settings can be found in File/Settings, here in the connection section we need to select the phone type as ‘Phone with Google Android-OS’, in connect via… select ‘Autodetect’ option and finally click OK.
- On Android phone client, simply get the application running.
- Following screen shots will help guide you in connection. After establishing connection if the application on the computer asks for synchronization then simply select YES.
- When the synchronization is complete, you can see all your messages, contacts, call logs and other important stuff like file manager to manage SD card files and phone memory files.
- To create backup simply go to Extras/Create backup and then select appropriate backup options. Backup is then created in one single file and can be saved on the computer.
The application will not only help you in taking backup but it can also help you in showing some very important details of your Android phone; these detail include your imei number, battery information, phone version information, etc. Actually this application was designed for Sony Ericsson phones but now it supports most of the Android phones.
To download desktop client simply click HERE.
After downloading the file, extract it using password as androidadvices.com
Using QR code:
Use the QR code below. To scan the QR code use Neo Reader or any other bar code scanning program. Neo Reader can be downloaded from the market or follow the link http://get.neoreader.com/
Simply scan the QR code by directing your Android phone camera to the code through the barcode / QR code scanning program.
Using Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client
Android Advices App Ratings: 4.8 / 5