How to Bluetooth Tether Phone Internet to Galaxy Tab Tablet
Well, Wi-Fi tethering is sharing of your data connection through Wi-Fi. Did you ever heard the name of Bluetooth tethering? It’s the sharing of data connection of one device with the other through Bluetooth connection. This Bluetooth tethering can be achieved on your mobile or tablet provided that they have the Bluetooth option.
The Bluetooth tethering will work on the devices which are within the Bluetooth range of reception.
Here in this example I would be using the 3G data connection of my phone via Bluetooth tether on to my Samsung Galaxy Tab -
- On your phone (Samsung Galaxy S2 which I have here) Go to Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks and turn on the Bluetooth.
- Make sure that you have select the Visible tab option just below the Bluetooth settings, so that it appears visible to others.
- Also do the same thing on your phone, i.e., go to Settings > Wireless and networks and first enable Flight mode which disables all the data connection on your Galaxy Tab which may cause any network conflicts or may result in non working of your Bluetooth tether. Flight mode option is available option in the Wireless and network tab.
- Now turn on the Bluetooth. Make sure that you have select the Visible tab option just below the Bluetooth settings, so that it appears visible to others.
- Now comeback to your phone and in the Bluetooth devices tab you will find the Galaxy Tab displayed. Tap on the device and it will provide the passkey.
- Now accept the Bluetooth pairing request on your Samsung Galaxy Tab.
- Now that you should do it for internet access on your tablet for which the data connection is from your phone.
The speed of internet on your Galaxy Tab will depend on the phone’s capabilities and the Bluetooth version. Higher speed can be achieved if you have 4G LTE speed on your phone and also you have the Do let us know what the speed which you get on your Galaxy Tab through Bluetooth tethering.