Are you using the Virtual private Network (VPN) mail access in your Android powered smart phone and are really fed up with the frequent pass code unlock feature which by default is set by your System Admin? Then here is a trick for all you guys to bypass this pass code thing as you can now benefit from the “Latest” as the companies not yet have come up with proper support structure for the Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.1 version and which is the loophole here. So, keeping this article there are just few requirements which you need to satisfy so as to disable the pass code entry to unlock the phone on VPN powered phones.
Note: Please note this trick may be against the IT Policy, so you need to check the same with your IT System Admin. We should not be held responsible in any manner if any action is taken on you.
- Android device powered by Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.1,
- Rooted Android device,
- Download Google Email.apk and ICS Email Zip to your phone so that you can then install the same in your phone which we will see in the due course of this article. This works only on the de odexed ROMs.
- Last but not the least, you need to download the Root Explorer application in your phone from the latest Android Market Place and install the same.
Procedure to Bypass Exchange Security Policy in Android:
- So, assuming that you have followed all the list of pre requisites, you need to now proceed to open the Root Explorer application and then head to system/app, mount as r/w and then delete the email.apk after which you need to reboot the device.
- Now, next up you need to copy the “Email Google.apk” to the system/app and then change the permissions to Owner (Read / Write), Group (Read) and then for for Others (Read).
- Please note that just in case if the above method didn’t work for you then all you need to do is to first Download ICS Email Zip package in your computer and move the same as it id to your phone without modifying / changing the contents of the package.
- Once you place this package in your phone, you need to turn OFF the device so that you can get into the recovery mode by either from the ROM Manager or from entering your phone into the recovery mode manually.
- In the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and choose the file which is named as “”. Once the application of update is finished, you will then be back to the recovery screen. In recovery mode screen, select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then choose the option of “Reboot System now”. So, now you need to configure the VPN access either manually or can visit to your system admin to configure the same.
So, in this way you can successfully bypass the security policy in your Android smartphone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if there are any issues faced.