How to Calibrate Battery for Maximum Life on Android Smart Phones
Over a period of time we have seen on how you can taste your different Android phones with the custom ROMs, also in the articles of custom ROMs we have been talking about the calibration of battery which we will see on how exactly you can do the same and also in the due course of this article we will see on what exactly the calibration of battery means to you with its benefits. Please note that this method can only be applied for all those phones whose phones are updated with the custom ROMs. So, lets check out with the help of a short procedure on how you can calibrate your phone’s battery easily with the help of simple instructions below.
Instructions to Calibrate Battery for Maximum Life on Custom ROMs:
- Once you install the custom ROM in your phone, you need to ensure that you have charged your phone for 3 -4 days of time so that the battery gets aligned to the usage pattern of yours. Ensure that in these 3 – 4 days of time you are not charging till the battery becomes 15 – 20% so as to utilize the full charging cycles.
- Now, once the battery is charged full after 3 – 4 days, you then need to connect the phone to the computer with the help of USB cable and then connecting the USB cable to the computer, enter into the recovery mode.
- Now, to enter the recovery mode there are different key pattern which you need to follow for different phones as its different for different phones. Like, for entering into the recovery mode in your Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy S2 as well as in the Samsung Galaxy Ace you will have to first turn off your device, long press the volume up key, press Menu as holding both the buttons press the power button to start into the recovery mode.
- For more on how you can enter into the recovery mode, you can also refer the above video on how you can enter into the recovery mode for your Galaxy S, Galaxy S2 and on Galaxy Ace handsets.
- Now, once you get into the recovery mode, you will find an option called “Advanced” at the bottom of the list in the recovery mode screen. Once you tap on the same, you will see an option called “Wipe battery Stats”, scroll to the same but don’t select the same to wipe it all. Quickly, remove the USB cable which is connected and then choose the option of “Wipe Battery Stats”.
- Once it’s done, you will have to reboot the phone by selecting the same after selecting the “Go Back” option in your recovery mode screen. Now, that’s it you need to again do it for 3 -4 times once the phone is fully charged so as to fully ensure that the battery has been calibrated to the 100% charging so that then you will be able to enjoy the most of your battery.
- Please note that after wiping the battery stats, you need to put your phone to the charger for 30 minutes even after it shows that the phone has been charged to 100%. That’s it you have now successfully calibrated the battery. This is the best way and also is the simplest way with which you can calibrate the battery so as to enjoy the fullest potential of the battery as claimed by the ROM manufacturers. This procedure can be applied to all the custom ROMs like Amestris ROM, Blockbuster ROM, Galaxy S2 ROM, Extra Ordinary ROM and also on other custom ROMs which we have covered the same on androidadvices.com.
Do let us know if you face any issues while calibrating the battery from the above instructions and also do share us your experience on whether this trick has worked for you or not in the comments section below.