US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 – Manual Update with Official Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware. This Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update is dubbed as UVXALK5 and ropes in the host of features like more better intelligent interactions, enhanced notifications, more intuitive interface and also not to forget an all new photo experience and new customization features will simply blow you off. So, before we proceed to guide you on how you can apply this update, you need to follow the list of pre requisites mentioned below so that the update can be applied safely and successfully.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- With the help of below mentioned steps, you will have to create a backup of all the data in your device so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps, Please note that you should not create the data backup with the help of ROM Manager as it may even brick the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or else the device may get powered off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update in your device.
Guide to Update US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 Android smartphone with jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Download the Simple Upgrade tool from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then extract the firmware tool in your computer and double click on the downloaded tool.
- Now, all you need to do is to just follow the on screen instructions so as to install the upgrade tool in your computer. Ensure that you are doing this in a computer which has the Full USB Read / Write Access. Select Install to begin the installation process.
- Once the Simple Upgrade tool is installed successfully, click on “Finish” and then if you are prompted to restart the computer, restart the same.
- Now, once the computer is restarted, you will see that a new icon in the shape of Laptop will be shown. Just open the same and then you will have to click on the button “I accept the terms in the license agreement.” and then select Next.
- After this a Warning will be prompted, wherein you will be prompted to synchronize the data on your mobile device and to charge your battery fully before proceeding with the software upgrade. Now, select “next” after the corresponding steps are performed.
- Now, all you need to do is to remove the battery from your device, then replace the battery in the device as shown in the below image.
- Press and hold the Volume down key on your device. While holding the Volume down key, plug the USB data cable into your device. Hold the Volume down key until the following screen appears. Select Next.
- Press the Volume Up key after which the Downloading screen will be appearing and then click on “next”.
- Press Start Software Download button to start the upgrade process. Once the firmware is updated successfully, you will be prompted about the same. Please note that it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update.
- A popup message will show that the software upgrade is complete. Select OK, then select Exit to exit the Simple Upgrade Tool. Once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be restarted.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So, there you go, you have now successfully applied the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1 firmware in your HTC One XL smartphone. Do share with us if there is anything you want assistance in the comments section below.