How to Change the Message Centre Number in Android Smartphones
It’s a true fact that mobile phones are quickly become more smarter and advanced. With mobile operating system like Android, iOS and Windows are the most talked about the software through the tech world. Android operating system launched by Google in particular it has impacted a much sale in the smartphones and it has allowed Samsung to get hold of Apple. Anyways shifting the gears to Android smartphones, in this article we will show you on how you can change the message centre number.
If you are among those users who are unable to send or receive SMS on your phone, then you might have messed up with your messages settings. I am you would be try out your best to resolve the issues but the issue could be of your message centre number being not correct one. If some has messed up the message centre number, then you wouldn’t be able to receive or send any messages through your mobile phone. The message centre number is the attribute of your network provider and whatever messages that you sent are been routed by that message centre number and it acts as a gateway. This number is certainly required for routing the SMS from your network.
Modify Message Centre Number
To modify message centre number to the correct one ensure the following steps to be followed.
- Call customer care and ask them the correct message centre number. You have to manually edit it.
- Launch SMS application on your phone.
- Now tap on Menu and go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select the ‘Message Centre’.
- As soon as you open that you will be provided to edit the message centre number. Set it to the correct one and then tap on OK button.
- Now have a go with a SMS or two and see whether they are been received at the sender end. You can make sure whether it’s delivered or not by selecting delivery reports ON. If you are still unable to sent, then restore your messages settings to default.
- That’s done.
Android is a great operating system and the procedure is same whether you have Galaxy Note or Galaxy S II or HTC Chacha or Huawei Ascend P and its regardless of the Android version that you have on your mobile phone.