Procedure to Downgrade Firmware of Xperia Arc S to Official Gingerbread:
- Download the Flash tool and Xperia Arc S firmware package from here to your computer. After downloading both, open the Flash tool to install the same in your computer. Extract the firmware file so as to get the .ftf file.
- Up next, open the Flash tool program and then you need to place the downloaded firmware ftf file in the path “C:/Drive > flashtool > firmwares>” Ensure that no other files are located in this path.
- Click on the Flashing icon in the flash tool which is located in the left side below “file option”. Select the option of “flashmode” and click on “Ok” and enable the options Wipe User Data and Wipe Cache as shown in the screenshot below.
- Now, select Ok and then flash tool will now be preparing the ROM and will ask you to connect the phone to the computer with the help of USB cable and then just follow the on screen instructions. As soon as its connected, the flash tool will be installing the Official Stock Gingerbread firmware in your SONY Xperia Arc S.
- Now, as soon as the firmware installation is finished, the phone will be shutting down and that’s it once you see the home screen, disconnect the phone from computer. Now, you can connect your phone with the PC Companion to upgrade to the Official ICS firmware version as in when arrives in your country or else you can again manually apply the update too.
Tip: Due to some reasons if the update process gets failed or interrupted, then you need to apply the update again by following the steps again from the start. Don’t forget to restore the backup which you have taken in the initial steps.
So, congratulations you have now successfully applied the update of Official Gingerbread in your Xperia Arc S. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try to address the same at the earliest.