How to Downgrade Sony Xperia RAY with Official Gingerbread 2.3 Firmware
Procedure to Update SONY Xperia Ray with Gingerbread 2.3 Firmware:
- First up you need to Download the Xperia RAY Gingerbread 2.3 Firmware and Flash Tool from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to open the Flash tool and install the same and extract the firmware file to get the .ftf file.
- Place the extracted .ftf file in the path “C:/Drive > flashtool > firmwares>” and ensure that no other files are there in the above mentioned path. Open the Flash tool in your computer.
- In the flash tool, click on the “File option” and then select “flash mode” on the left side in the opened flash tool to click on Ok and enable the options which are mentioned below as you need to enable Wipe User Data and Wipe Cache.
- Select Ok and then flash tool will now be preparing the ROM and will ask you to connect the phone to the computer with the help of USB cable and then just follow the on screen instructions. As soon as its connected, the flash tool will be installing the Official Stock Gingerbread firmware in your SONY Xperia Ray.
- Once the firmware is upgraded successfully, the phone will restart and then you can disconnect the phone from the computer and can enjoy the Gingerbread firmware. Now, you can connect your phone with the PC Companion to upgrade to the Official ICS firmware version as in when arrives in your country or else you can again manually apply the update too.
Note: Just in case of the data gets lost or corrupted, you need to check and restore the same. We recommend you to restore the Mobile APN Settings so as to get the internet access in your phone.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try to address the same at the earliest. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of Gingerbread 2.3 firmware.