Google has recently come up with its latest offering of Jellybean 4.2 firmware and with the arrival of new firmware, there comes tons of new features out of which an all new keyboard too has made its place. With the arrival of this all new Keyboard, Google also embarks the arrival of something called as “Gesture Typing” which means that you no longer will have to wait for using Swype keyboard which is a very popular keyboard for Android. A smarter keyboard has arrived with which you just need to just glide your finger over the letters you want to type, and lift after each word. The best part is that every word you type, it stores all the word database so that it will help you offer suggestions.
As of now this only comes by default in the Jellybean 4.2 firmware but yes this can be very well ported to rest of the Android devices irrespective of your current firmware version. The only condition so as to accommodate this Jellybean 4.2 keyboard is to root your device. So, if your device is rooted, you are all set to install this jellybean 4.2 keyboard in your device. Through the rest of the process we will be guiding you on how to apply this firmware update.
This all new version of keyboard from jellybean 4.2, you can now experience improved text-to-speech capabilities, voice typing on Android is even better. It works even when you don’t have a data connection, so you can type with your voice everywhere you go.
Quick Pre Requisite:
- Enable the USB Debugging Option from the path “Settings > Development Options” and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 30% battery charge or else your Android device might just get turn Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Check whether your device is rooted or not, to check the same you will have to download “Root Checker” app from Google PLAY Store. If the device is not rooted, then do let us know in the comments section on which firmware your device is on and the model number of your device as we will help you out to root your device.
Procedure to Install Jellybean 4.2 Stock / Default Keyboard in Any Rooted Android Phone:
- Download the Jellybean 4.2 Stock / Default Keyboard APK File from here to your computer. Once you have downloaded the same in your computer, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place this apk file in internal memory of your device.
- Now, assuming that you have placed the apk file, disconnect the device from computer and navigate to the placed Jellybean 4.2 Stock / Default Keyboard APK File in your device with the help of any File manager and then open the same so as to install the keyboard.
- Once the app is installed successfully, head over to compose a new message and long press on the field area so as to get the Keyboard Settings or else you can also directly tap on the Settings option in Keyboard to get the various keyboard installations present in your device.
Just in case if you are unable to install with the help of above mentioned procedure, connect your device to the computer and enter the below mentioned commands in the command prompt.
adb push LatinImeGoogle.apk /system/app/
adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/LatinImeGoogle.apk
Just in case if you are unable to install the APK, then you need to Download Jellybean 4.2 Keyboard Zip Package from here to your computer and place the same in your device so as to flash the same in the recovery mode as shown in the below mentioned video.
So, there you go, all you need to select is Jellybean 4.2 Keyboard from the option. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you need any more assistance.