Are you a big fan of Bing Maps or say do you want to try Bing Maps for your Android? Though this application have still not made into the Android Market Place, we have it just for you as you are a proud reader of AndroidAdvices.com. So, over a period of this article we will see on what are all features are there which Bing Maps has to Offer to us.Though there are concerns over the database of the Bing Maps where Google almost updates the Maps everyday in a real time basis.
As of now this Bing Maps for Android is only available for the Verizon customers officially and there is no ETA on by when this Bing Maps will officially go live on the Android market Place. So, first let’s check out on how and what are the things this Bing Maps come along with. At the end of article we also have a direct APK for you wherein you can download the APK file of the Bing Maps. Also, the best part of the Bing Maps is that its just not limited to Maps but its here to simplify all your “Search” needs.
Features and Options in Bing Maps:
- As soon as you open the the Bing Maps application in your Android Phone, you will see that just like the web version of the Bing.com, you will see a nice background picture as shown in the below screen capture.
- Now, once you open the Application, you will see that there are many options at the bottom centre part of the screen. The options are “Images”, “Movies”, “Maps”, “Local”, “News” and also you can see an option called “Directions”.
- As soon as you tap on the images, it will now allow you to search for the images, all you need to do is to just enter the search string at the top of the screen after which just tap on “Search” the image.
- Now, the next option is the Movies wherein you will be able to find all the Movie listing about the Movies but unfortunately this option doesn’t seem to work for us at least.
- Next option is the “Maps” wherein as soon as you tap on the same, it will show the current place where you are is subjected to the GPS and data network availability. You can alternatively search for your desired location using the search string which is there at the top.
- The next option is “Local” where in all the local listings will be listed which ranges from Restaurants, Shopping and Services, Nightlife, Hotels and Accomodations, Transportation, Arts and Entertainment, Government and Community and last but not the least Health and Fitness. So, among all the above listed categories you can search your favorite place nearby your current location. You can also have a look at the screen capture on how these categories look like. Not only this you also have a chain of further categories wherein you get to choose the exact thing which you wish to search for.
- Next option is the news wherein you get the latest dose of news from around the World. You can choose from a host of categories in the news ranging from Sports to the Politics to the Business to the technology to what not as shown in the below screen shot.
- Last but not the least the last option is the Bing Map’s “Directions”, be It what may be. All you need to do is to just enter the “From” and “To” place to get the proper directions and it will ensure that you reach to the destination easily.
- So, after knowing all about this you will agree with me that it’s not just Maps which Bing Maps has come up with but a much more than just Maps. So, to download it all you need to do is to download the Zip file which is linked to and need to unzip the same to get the BingMaps.apk file which you need to copy in your phone and need to install the same.
Note : Please note that you need to download the below mentioned download file in your computer and need to unzip only in your desktop. In the due course of the extraction, if it prompts you to enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
Download: Bing Maps Zip File (APK File Inside)