Download Gingerbread Update for Samsung Captivate SGH-i897 with Kies Mini
While everyone is talking about Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is out 2 months ago with the introduction of Galaxy Nexus many forgets that there are still 90 % of the devices running on Android 2.2 Froyo and Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS. Around 35 of all the Android devices are powered with Android 2.2 Froyo OS. Among them one such device is the Samsung Captivate and it has got update to Gingerbread 2.3 officially. This will come much relieved to them as it fixes important bugs which they were carrying all through until now.
- Download management in a better way
- New layout for larger fonts
- Word prediction tool added
- Multi touch for numerical input
- Gmail top menu fixed
- Voice search in search
- Updates the 3D graphic drivers
- Additional Khronos stand such as OpenSL ES, EGL for better multimedia performance
- Reduces lags in games
Here is how you will update your Samsung Captivate SGH-i897 mobile phone with 2.3 Gingerbread OS version –
Important : First thing is you should back up most of the things on your phone. You should back contacts, third party applications, text messages, Phone contacts, pictures and other music video files can be backup to internal and external SD card. Make use of the following dedicated apps –
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- You also need to download Samsung KIES Mini for your Captivate SGH i897 phone which works like a flashing tool designed for Samsung Captivate. Remember that any other KIES Mini willn’t work.
- You also need to enable USB Debugging on your handset. From Menu > Settings > Application and then under development click on USB debugging. When done click on Yes/OK when prompted.
- Once KIES Mini is installed, you need to connect your phone using the USB cable to your PC.
- Then the KIES Mini will recognize your phone and it will be shown on your KIES.
- Once it’s recognized, it will show you a Phone update menu. Click on it to upgrade your phone.
- Accept the terms and agreement.
- KIES will update your Captivate SGH i897 automatically and during this phase don’t disconnect your phone or PC or don’t unplug your cable in any case. Within 5-10 minutes the update process will be done.
This update is available via KIES Mini PC suite for particular mentioned Samsung devices. Make sure that Samsung KIES Mini don’t support Apple Computers and your mobile providers don’t update this in any case.
Do let us know if you are facing any problem during the firmware update.