Download Ice Cream Sandwich Roboto Font on any Android Mobile
Google and Samsung has announced the next version of Google Phone which is the new Galaxy Nexus phone manufactured by Samsung Electronics. Along with that Google also introduces an updated version of Android in the form of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich which was the most awaited Android update.
Ice Cream Sandwich OS’s Roboto Font for Android Phones
We have the news that Android 4.0 will also introduce a new font package called “Roboto font”. We thought this would be announced during the launch event of Google Nexus phone but oflate Google has announced it. The Roboto is a derivative font of Sans Serif font with pleasing roundness, good space between two characters and the font is very much pleasure to read.
This is how the font will look like when we go with Italic, Bold and other font changer -
As the Roboto font comes with the new OS, unfortunately majority of the Android users except the Samsung Galaxy Nexus users. This attractive font would make users to eagerly awaits for the Android 4.0 update to their phone. No worries for them as they can test this font on the current existing Android phone that they have.
Simply do the following and enjoy the Roboto font on your Android phone –
- Download and install the Font Changer from the Android Market available for free download. This app is used to easily change the font on your phone.
- Now download the Roboto font zip package.
- Unzip the same on your computer or laptop and if it asks for password make sure that you provide “Androidadvices.com” without any quotes.
- Now open the System > Fonts and then copy all the three .ttf files from the unzipped folder and paste them into your phone’s SD card inside the folder named “.fontchanger”.
- Open the app in your device and select the font
- Reboot your phone
Do let us know if that doesn’t work !