SONY’s latest flagship android smartphone which is dubbed as XPERIA Z2 can now be experienced on any of the CWM based custom ROM firmwares. So for all those who have installed the CWM based images in your device can now make use of Xperia Z2 Walkman, stock wallpapers, Albums, Notes along with the bunch of other apps of Xperia Z2. So let’s check out on how you can install the below mentioned services found in Xperia Z2 in your android phone. Full credits to the recognized XDA developer Jishnu Sur for coming out with this work around. Please note that since this is the first release, you might face some Force close issues in your device upon installation.
- Xperia Home
- Easy Home
- Xperia Keyboard
- Smart Connect
- Xperia Lounge
- Social Life News
- Tools Widgets
- Walkman Widget
- Weather Widget
- Sony Xperia Z2 Live wallpaper
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 30% battery life.
- Your Android device should be installed with the CWM based recovery image or the custom ROM firmware based on AOSP/ CWM.
Guide to Install Xperia Z2 App in your Android Phone:
- Download the Xperia Z2 App Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Download the ROM Manager from the Google PLAY Store. Open ROM Manager app in your device to flash the zip package which you have placed earlier in the 1st step in your device.
- Once flashed, it will take around a minute for applying the update. Once the update is applied successfully, all you need to do is to reboot the device for applying the update.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the Xperia Z2 apps package in your android device. Do let us know in the comments section if you face any issues.