All your wait comes to an End if you are still waiting to show off the latest Jellybean 4.2 goodies which are otherwise the default wallpapers & ringtones of an all newly announced LG Nexus 4 smartphone. Over a period of this tutorial we will be checking out on how you can download and set the same as your wallpapers and ringtones in your device. The best part is if you are still on non-Android smartphones, then too you can make use of these wallpapers. The wallpapers which we managed to bring it for you doesn’t require you to root your device for setting the same.
Ok so now if you are craving for the System Apps, this will require you to root your phone for making use of these. There is no minimum requirement for setting wallpapers or ringtones of jellybean 4.2 in your device but yes for installing the stock apps of Jellybean 4.2 firmware you will have to be on a minimum of ICS Firmware. Just in case if you are missing the Jellybean 4.1 Stock Firmwares, then you can enjoy these too.
Procedure to make use of Default Wallpapers & Sounds of Jellybean 4.2 / LG Nexus 4 for your Android smartphone:
- Download Jellybean 4.2 Stock Wallpaper Package and Jellybean 4.2 Stock Ringtones Package from here to your computer. Now, extract both the zip files to preferably desktop. We also mentioned the wallpapers of jellybean 4.2 below,
- Once you have extracted the same, you now need to enable the USB debugging in your device from the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging as shown in the below screen capture. Alternatively, you can also get into the Mass Storage Mode and connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Now, place the extracted Jellybean 4.2 Stock Wallpapers into a folder called “Wallpapers” in your Android device. Similarly, place the extracted Jellybean 4.2 Stock Ringtones to a folder called “Ringtones” in your Android device.
- Now, all you need to do is to disconnect the device from computer and with the help of file explorer, you will have to navigate to the “Wallpapers” and “Ringtones” folder to long press on the item tom select the same as your device’s wallpaper or ringtone respectively.
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to set stock / default wallpapers of LG Nexus 4 or Jellybean 4.2 firmware. We will very soon also be helping you out so that you can then install this latest firmware of 4.2 in your Android device.
Procedure to Install Stock / Default Google Apps in your Android Phone:
- First up you need to make sure that your device is rooted and installed with the latest ICS Android 4.0 firmware. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will find the details about the “Firmware Version” which should read ICS or 4.0 firmware.
- To check on whether your device is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check the same as these apps can only be installed on the rooted devices.
- Now, connect your Android phone to the computer and download the Stock Apps Package of Jellybean 4.2 Firmware from here
- Once you have placed the same, turn off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. To enter Android phone in the recovery mode, download the ROM Manager app and select the option of “reboot into recovery mode”.
- Once the device boots in the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and select the Google apps package which you have placed in your device.
Just in case if you missed out, we saw on how you can make use of the classy Motorola DROID Xyboard Stock Wallpapers for your Android along with the Motorola Droid Razr Stock Wallpapers, htc Vigor, HTC Rhyme and Samsung Galaxy S3 Stock Wallpapers too.
So, there you go, you have now successfully learnt on not only to install the wallpapers and ringtones but also the Google apps which comes by default in the Jellybean 4.2 or in the Nexus 4 smartphone. We will also be coming up with a separate article wherein you will be able to set the default Nexus 10 wallpapers as your tablet’s wallpapers in the coming days to come.