Update: VLC (Video LAN Client) is one of the popular media player in the world. A must-have for Windows, Linux and Mac PC users that are looking for a player that works with almost any media format. Since last years, VLC has been offered as a beta release.
The team has updated VLC for Android to drop the beta tag, making it officially complete. The version notes still talk about previous fixes for Android 5.0 Lollipop and devices using newer ARMv8 processors and Chromecast streaming support.
Here’s the change log from its Google Play listing:
• VLC for Android 1.0.0
• This release fixes ARMv8 processors, Android 5.0 crashes, and minor improvements.
• The 0.9.x series is major release with hardware decoding and a new interface available in dark or white colors. It integrates DVD iso and menu support, an equalizer, playlist management, Widi screens support, and updated SD cards detection.
• Hardware acceleration is now enabled by default on 4.3+ and has better subtitles support. Software decoding has been accelerated too.
VLC for Android is free to download and work with any Android 2.1 or higher device.
Earlier : Download VLC Media Player for Android to Play Multiple Video Formats
Date – Oct 11 ,2011
In a bid to the most popular music as well as the multimedia player none other than the VLC Player, this has now arrived for your Android smart phone yet. Though there are hardly any music player in the Android Market place or outside the market place which can play almost any media file. Though this VLC Player for Android is still in the early stages of it’s built that doesn’t mean that you should wait till this app is completely built. Since Android is all about testing and experiencing things even before launching, at Android Advices we truly believe that you should experience the same , so in the due course of this article we will see a detailed and small tutorial on how you can easily download and install the latest version of VLC Android Pre Release. As in when we get this VLC Application, we will be providing the same in this article.
Please note that since this application is still in the Alpha stages, it may not work with all the Android devices and the same will be worked upon your valuable comments. Just in case if you are unable to access or use this VLC for Android then let us know in the comments section as we will ensure that the same will be forwarded to the VLC developers and the same will be worked upon as soon as possible in the next possible release.
So, let’s check out on how you can use the same in the simple procedure mentioned below.
Procedure to Download, Install and use VLC Player for Android:
- First up you will have to download the VLC player from the link which is mentioned at the bottom of the Article. Now as soon as you download the same in your computer you need to place that file as it is in your “Apps” folder in your Android phone. Please note that if “Apps” folder is not there then you will have to create the same in your Android Phone.
- You can transfer this downloaded file to your Android phone by connecting the phone to the computer or Laptop using the USB cable. So, once you are done with the copying of the file, remove the connected USB cable which is connected with the phone.
- So, once the application is installed you will now need to tap either on the “Open” option or can proceed to the list of “Applications” where you will need to find for an application called “VLC Media Player”. Just tap on the same to open it.
- Now, once you open the application you may or may not see the list of songs which is expected generally if you open any other media player app. Since its being in the Pre alpha stage, you will have to select the path from where the Songs compilation can be shown for which you need to tap on the “Menu” key and then you need to choose the option of “Preferences” and then tap on the “Directories” and simply tick on the option of “sd card” and then tap on the “Back” key twice to return back to the listings. If you are unable to find the songs listing then you will have to ensure two things which are:
- Songs or MP3 / MP4 files are in the sdcard root (Main folder) and not in any other sub folders,
- Tap on the “Music Symbol” key in your phone.
- Generally all the songs are listed automatically within 5 – 10 minutes of installing this application but if it doesn’t then you need to follow the above procedure without any option.
So, there you go in this way you have successfully installed the latest pre alpha version of VLC Media Player in your phone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if there are any issues as we will try our level best to sort the same out. You can refer the below links to download the same.