Download Youtube Videos & Save on Android Phone
Its good to know that video streaming is possible in smartphones. Although you have higher end mobile phone but data streaming on your mobile is like sending and receiving files over the network for the playback which may charge you depending upon your data charges.
If you are accessing your favorites videos regularly on YouTube, it’s better to download then and have a copy of it on to your SD Card. Technically data streaming takes a considerable amount of battery than viewing the media content present in your mobile phone and thus music playback time in most of the mobile phone is always better than the over all call time on full charge. Anyways those were the technical terms, coming back to YouTube video download, TubeMate is an amazing video downloading apps which does the work for you in simple and easy way.
TubeMate is an amazing apps which allows you to download YouTube videos on your Android mobile phone. TubeMate in particular is an Android App available for free download from the Marketplace of Android.
Here is the procedure of downloading the video on your Android mobile phone using the TubeMate App –
- Launch Android market from your mobile phone.
- Now click on the search icon in the market apps.
- Search for Tubemate (I searched for YouTube video download and I got various other alternative to TubeMate).
- Now click on “TubeMate YouTube Downloader” from the search results and click on Install button.
- The downloading will soon start after accepting the permissions and the app would automatically install on your mobile phone.
- So once you are done with the installation you are now ready to watch and download YouTube Videos. This is the good thing of TubeMate that it allows watching of videos too. It’s useful because before you download a particular video you can have the sneak preview of it.
- Now when you are done, browse the video that you want to download.
- As soon you as you are on that particular video page you would get the two options of whether you want to download it or watch it. Simple click on Download to download or else the watch option will give you to preview the video, then the download option.
- When you click on download, it will then further pop-up with the various video resolutions to be choose from 640 x 360, 320 x 240, 854x 480 FLV, 640 x 360 FLV format and mp3 format.
- The file is now saved locally on your Android device.
TubeMate App Download
The TubeMate Android App can be download from Android Market Place and the other procedure to download it is using the QR Code with the bar code reader present in your mobile phone. Update - TubeMate has been removed from Android Marketplace and alternatively you download it via TubeMate APK File download. If you are not sure on how to install via APK file on your phone or tablet then follow the guide on installing application via APK.
- Download videos quick and fast.
- One of the easiest way to download videos.
- Good enough options for the output video.
There were ads shown on the apps when I was browsing it on my phone. You can clearly spot in the above screenshots. If you have Ad blocker app in your mobile phone then it would be very good to view the videos although its ok if you don’t have one.
Android Advices – App Rating – 4.5 /5.
Alternate Method to Download YouTube Videos
Alternatively, I came across this tip on a forum a while ago and it works fairly well no matter what device you are using. I found it exceptionally good for downloading Youtube videos to an Android device and in fact, I have tailored the steps to using an Android device. It doesn’t matter if you are using an Android phone or an Android tablet PC, the steps are identical. I will also explain why it is a good idea to download YouTube videos – firstly, if the video is something you will want to watch again or share with a friend, sometimes the data limit we have on our mobile plans is a little skimpy. You won’t want to burn a heap of your download quota on something as inane as watching the same YouTube video several times. It will also give you the capacity to transfer to the video to a friend or colleague without burning their data allowance.
Without further ado, here are the steps:
1. A nice easy first step – head to YouTube using the browser you have installed on your Android device. Navigate to the video that you want to download.
2. Click on the link attributed to the video. Now this is important – make sure the video opens in the browser rather than opening in a YouTube app or something similar. This is important because you need to be able to get access to the video’s link.
3. Press the menu button and select go to URL. The option should be there somewhere. Depending on the device you might need to hunt around a little bit to find this.
4. You should have a means of editing the URL in front of you now. You should have the URL of the video sitting in the box and ready to edit. You will need to edit the URL in the following way. The URL should say something like this:
You need to edit this so that it says this:
If you are having trouble seeing what I changed there, I just added the word ‘pwn’ in front of ‘youtube’ (see the bold part?). So, essentially the address is exactly the same except it has the word ‘pwn’ in front of ‘youtube.com’.
5. Press the enter key and it should bring up a page with a link to download the video (it should say something along the lines of ‘Download High Quality MP4 Video’. This is a direct link to the video download. Click it and it should start downloading. When it has finished downloading look for a new MP4 file that is sitting on your SD card – you might want to rename it as well so you know what it is.
That is it, the whole process should take about 10 seconds (except for the download) and it is probably the easiest way to download a YouTube video. The same process can be done on a computer as well. All you will need to do is add the word ‘pwn’ to the address of the YouTube video.