AT&T HTC One X users can now easily enable the One Click Tether option with the help of a simple and detailed guide which we will be checking out in this article. For all those who are not aware of what is tethering, then this feature actually enables you to make use of your data plan in your device to other devices as well. So, in short tethering saves the cost of internet data plan on all the smartphones or smart devices you own as with tethering, you can broadcast your EDGE / 3G / 4G internet connection into a Wi Fi. The tool which we will be discussing about will also enable you to make / create a Wi Fi hotspot without you needing to opt for a tethering plan.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor the developer should be held liable or responsible for any damage cause due to non-following of the instructions.
There are some quick yet essential pre requisites which you need to follow so as to ensure that the process of enabling tethering option is carried out without any issues. Full credits to the developer t0mmy who has come up with this work around of tethering option for htc one X powered by att.
Essential & Quick Pre Requisites:
- First and foremost requirement thing you need to have is a rooted HTC One X and Android SDK Installed in your computer.
- Minimum of 50% battery is essential for the device to apply this work around so as to ensure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your HTC One X from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Ensure that the USB Debugging option is ticked, just in case if you get any prompt then you need to select “Ok” option.
- It’s highly recommended to Close / Disable all the antivirus suites as well as Firewall tools as these tools generally try to interrupt the process of applying any workarounds.
Once you are done with all the above things, let’s head to the tutorial to activate the tethering option in your att powered htc one X below.
Tutorial to Activate Tethering Option in att powered HTC One X:
- Download the Tethering Zip Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you now need to unzip the same to your computer preferably to the desktop.
- From extracted files, open the “tether.bat” executable file and as soon as its opened, you need to just follow the on screen instructions as mentioned in the below screen capture.
- Once the process is over, the device will be rebooting and so there you go, the device has got an all new feature of tethering.
Do let us know in the comments section below if you face any issues as we will try to fix the same at the earliest. Congratulations, you have now successfully activated the feature of tethering in your att powered htc One X.