How to Enable USB Storage on Android Devices
For all those who has recently purchased an Android smart phone and would like to know on how you can enable the USB storage right on your Android device then we will help you to do the same which we will see in the due course of this article. Please note that we will be seeing on how you can do the same in the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 and will be similar for all other Android devices too. We at androidadvices ensure that every single thing is being covered and if you feel that anything is left out then you can always make sue of Comments section to express your thoughts on the same as we will ensure that we will try to covert eh same on this site.
Please note that this process is one of the simple process and doesn’t require you to either download any special application or even need to tweak your Phone to do the same. All you need to do is to just follow the simple and easy to understand instructions along with the screen shots which will guide you on how you can Enable USB Storage on your Android Device.
Procedure to Enable USB Storage on Android Devices:
- First up from your Home screen of your phone you will have to click on the “Applications” and once you get into the same you need to find an option called “Settings”, select the same as shown in the below screen shot.
- Once you get into the Settings, you will now have to tap on the option of “Wireless and Network” as shown in the below screen shot for your convenience.
- Next up in the Wireless and Networks, you will find many options like Wi Fi Direct Settings, KIES via Wi Fi, Bluetooth Settings, Tethering, VPN Settings etc. All you need to choose is the “USB Utilities” option.
- Now, up next click on the tab which is “Connect Storage to PC” after which it will prompt you to attach the USB chord connecting to the computer and phone which you can see in the below screen shot,
- After this you will see a green robot showing the USB symbol along with an option of “Connect USB Storage”. Tap or select the same and then that’s it as this will connect the phone with the computer in the USB Mode turned ON.
So that’s it in this way you have now successfully enabled the USB Storage on your Android Device. Just in case if you were unable to enable the same do let us know as we will guide you to enable the same which is the unlikely case with most of the users. Last but not the least the biggest advantage is that you can use this just like a USB drive so as to accommodate all your data within the phone upon connecting with the USB cable and also most importantly this also allows you to explore the same as a physical drive which allows you to drag and drop the contents to / from the device.