Heard about sudden death of Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 doing the rounds for your Exynos Processor based device? Then SAMSUNG has silently come up with an all new firmware which is based on the Jellybean 4.1.2 based and is dubbed as XXELLA firmware. So, before we proceed, let’s check out on what are the detailed list of pre requisites you will have to follow so as to make sure that the update process ends on a successful note. Please note that the update hotfix for Exynos processor which we will be checking out is an Official firmware fix leaked from the house of Samsung Electronics and credit should be given to XDA for the same. In an age when such malwares can hit from any medium like via MMS, an attachment etc., its the need of an hour to save your S3 from getting dead. All you need to do to save your Galaxy S3 from getting dead is to apply with this firmware. The best part is that irrespective of which country you are from, you can easily apply this firmware update directly.
Recently it was in the highlight that there are some hackers who have found a way out to dead Samsung Galaxy S3 devices with just a simple file which can be pushed in any form. So, to avert this threat, Samsung has released this firmware hot fix. Applying this update won’t Root the device or void the warranty in any manner. Just in case if you wish to root the device, we will be very soon coming out with an article which will guide you to root the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets corrupted or erased, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or else the device may get powered off in the middle of firmware update.
Note: There is no way that your device will be rooted in any manner after applying this update. Just in case if your device is rooted, the root access will be revoked and the warranty can be reclaimed.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
You can now head over to the next step where we will be checking out on how you can easily update your device with the latest Exynos processor fix.
Procedure to update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with XXELLA Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download Odin and XXELLA Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the zip file
- Open Odin and turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download Mode can be entered in Galaxy S3 by pressing the Volume Down rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then all you need to do is to just ensure that the ID : COM section turned yellow / green indicating that all the drivers have been installed successfully and you are ready to proceed to the next step.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you got after extracting the file. Once done, all you need to do is to click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update.
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted and please note that it will take more than expected time for rebooting the device. To
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So, there you go, you have now successfully updated your device with the latest XXELLA Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware which fixes the exploit of threat to Exynos Processor. Do leave a comment just in case if you come across with any of the other bugs in this build which is very unlikely in the comments section below.