“My Files” option in Honeycomb tablets is much like drives on your personal computer. Its an application with a collection of files and folders with some basic actions possible with it. The basic options in “My files” includes moving files from one folder to another, creating new folders and option of copy files from external drives with easy drag and drop.
Here is our simple guide on how you can use “My Files” on your Honeycomb tablet -
- Tap on “Apps” from any homescreen on your tablet.
- Then find and select “My Files” among the various apps available in the list.
- Here you can locate, transfer and create new folders and files on your Honeycomb tablet.
- And moving a file into another folder is done with easy drag and drop.
- To add a new folder you need to touch the new icon on the top of screen and create the name of the folder and click on done when complete.
- This will also allow you to copy and move data from external thumb drives. For that you need to have the USB adapter which is provided with your Samsung Galaxy Tab.
- So first insert the USB adapter into the bottom of the tab and then insert your external drive such as pen drive or thumb drive to the adapter and within no time your thumb drive would be shown on the screen.
- Now you know, you can easily transfer data from your external memory card to your Galaxy Tab with simple drag and drop.
- When the work is done with the USB adapter you just need to remove it from the Galaxy Tab.
As I go through it I just felt like my PC interface, nothing new to learn and that’s how we do it on Honeycomb powered tablets. This makes organizing the files very easy and intrusive.