If you are the one who has recently updated with the latest honeycomb update release for your Acer Iconica Tab A500 then you would have found that the email application is buggy and due to which the mail exchange feature on the tablet is missing for all those who have updated their honeycomb tablets. This is still not known whether the company has done this purposely or with a purpose, but not to worry as we will now see on how you can fix this issue and after which you will be easily able to enable the exchange active sync feature on Acer Iconica A500 honeycomb tablet.
Before we proceed you will have to note that you follow each and every single instruction which is mentioned below, though this time phone won’t be bricked if you don’t follow but only extreme can be that the application won’t be installed successfully and due to which eventually you will have to follow the whole procedure to fix it again. So, before we proceed on how you can enable this application on your Acer Iconica Android tab, you will have to first up root the Acer Iconica Tab A500 by following the procedure from the link. Please note that this below mentioned procedure is only valid for the Acer Iconica A500 model only and to no other model this will be valid.
Please note that it’s only recommended to proceed for the process of rooting only if you know what you are doing and not just for fun as this voids the warranty and also equally important is that you should follow all the instructions which are mentioned below as even if you miss any of the step mentioned below then there is a high probability that you may end up bricking the Acer Iconica Tab A500. And also most importantly make sure that you are proceeding for the rooting process after following the pre rooting instructions as well as followed by the instructions to root.
Procedure to enable the Email Active Sync Application:
- First up you will have to download the email.zip file from here after which you will have to extract the same on your desktop and at the time of extraction if it prompts you for the password then you will have to enter the password as “androidadvices.com”. If it’s not asked then there is no need to add the password.
- After rooting the Acer Iconica Tab, you will have to go to the System Applications and then copy the extracted application file called email.apk as well as other file called emailwidget.apk as it is without renaming or editing the file name.
- Also, additionally paste these two files in the SD card too, ensure that you are not pasting these files in any of the internal folders in your SD card or else the files won’t be detected. So, ensure that you have pasted the files in the main path only that is in \sdcard.
- After this the files which you have inserted in the sd card have to be renamed, so rename the email.apk file to email.apk.new and rename emailwidget.apk to emailwidget.apk.new.
- Now, open both the files which you have earlier stored which are email.apk and emailwidget.apk . So, as soon as both the files are opened, just follow the on screen instructions to install the same.
- So, once these are installed you will see that previously it only used to show the options which are IMAP as well as POP3 but now it shows the options of the Exchange Active Sync too which means that it has successfully added the option of Exchange Active Sync.
There you go, you have now successfully enabled the Exchange Active Sync on your Acer Iconica Tab A500 Honeycomb version. Do leave a comment if you have any issue while enabling the Exchange active sync on your Acer Iconica A500.