Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone seems to have caught in one more buggy controversy and this time its related to the battery bug. Generally, its ideally meant that when the device is in the idle mode or say in the Stand by mode, its assumed that the battery charge consumed will be very less or should be minimum. But as per some users and some forums, there is a serious flaw as the below image clearly shows that despite Galaxy S III being on stand by, the device is consuming more battery. As of now unfortunately, there is no Official fix from Samsung but we have got a temporary stand by fix for the same which will lower the battery charge by Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone. The power drain value in power_profile.xml is changed to 3.4 mA(approx value) from 34mA (which is highly impossible).
Procedure to Fix Galaxy S III Battery Bug & Get Actual Discharge Reports:
- First up, open the open the framework-res.apk file with the help of Win RAR or with the help of 7Zip tool and navigate to the “framework-res\res\xml” file and then select the existing “power_profile.xml” file and add the one which is attached over here.
- Up next you will have to copy the framework-res.apk file back into your device and then restart the device.
- If you are unable to fix the battery issue with the help of above steps, you can Download the CWM Battery Fix for Galaxy S III from here to your computer and then connect your device to the computer to place the same in your device.
- Disconnect the device and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by Pressing the Volume Up Key + Menu Key and then press the Power button to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD Card” and select the zip file which you have placed in the phone. It will take around 5 – 6 minutes for applying the same.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the fix in your device. Do share with us in the comments section if you still face the battery issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.