After Updating your Galaxy S with the ICS Android 4.0.3 build and if you are facing issues with the Wi Fi then you need to follow the instructions which are mentioned in this article as all you need to do is to just update your Galaxy S with the Kernel which will solve the Wi Fi bugs on your ICS 4.0.3 firmware build. Please note that flashing with this Kernel won’t mean that the phone needs to be rooted again. In the next article we will check out on how to root the Galaxy S on 4.0.3 firmware.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damage happened to your device due to non-following of instructions which are mentioned in this article.
Procedure to Fix Wi Fi Issues in Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 on Android 4.0.3 Firmware:
- Download the Android 4.0.3 Wi Fi Fix Package along with the from here to your computer and connect your phone to the computer using the Original USB cable. Once you are done with the copying of this Zip file, disconnect the phone and turn Off the phone so as to enter the phone in the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP + Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer the below mentioned video for knowing more on how to enter the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then select the file which is named as “WIFI_Fix_GalaxyS_4.0.3” and then wait for a period of 15 minutes so as to ensure that the kernel is successfully updated.
- Now, in the recovery mode, you need to select the options like “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache partition” after which select the option of “reboot system now” as this will clear out all the data which is there in the cache.
- Once it’s done, select “++++ Go Back ++++” and select “reboot system now” which will reboot the phone. Please note that the rebooting of the phone may take up to 15 minutes as it’s a first boot after installation of kernel.
Note: Please note that just in case if the device is rebooting in the Loop manner or the device stays on the “S” Logo for more than 15 minutes, then you need to reinsert the batter and re follow the instructions which are mentioned above.
So, that’s it you have now successfully updated your phone with this Wi Fi fix, now in the next article we will see on how you can easily root this firmware. Let us know in the comments section just in case if you are facing any issues as we will try our level best to ensure that all your issues are addressed at the earliest.