For all those who have recently installed the latest version of XXJVS Gingerbread 2.3.5 and if you are facing issues on Wi Fi then we will guide you in solving the same. Please note that before you proceed for the fix for the Wi Fi, you should ensure that your phone is on the XXJVS 2.3.5 firmware and also please note that you should also root the phone. For your simple understanding, we have also mentioned the simple to understand procedure which you need to follow before proceeding to the next set of instructions. Please note that its only recommended to follow the below procedure if and only if you are facing issues with the Wi Fi on your Samsung Galaxy S phone powered with XXJVS 2.3.5 firmware.
Disclaimer : In the due process of this fix, you will have to root your phone which will void the warranty, not to worry the warranty can be reclaimed as soon as you update with any of the Stock firmware version like XXJVS, XXJVP etc. as it will revoke the root access.
Procedure to Fix the Wi Fi on Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000:
- After updating Samsung Galaxy S to XXJVS firmware and rooting the same from the above links, you will now have to proceed to download the XXJVS Wi-Fi Rooting Fix Package in your computer. Please note that in the process of the unzipping you will be prompted to enter the password, enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without inverted comas.
- Once the zip file is downloaded, extract the same to your desktop after which you will see that there are two Zip files as shown in the below screen shot.
- With the help of the USB cable, just connect the phone with the computer and then you need to copy these two zip files which you have got upon unzipping as it is to your phone. Please note that don’t place these files deep inside any folders in your phone.
- After this you will have to remove the connected USB cable which is connected with the phone and then simply turn Off the phone so that you can then enter your phone in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can refer the below mentioned video on how you can enter into the recovery mode.
- Now in the recovery mode, you will have to choose the option of “install zip from SD card” and then “choose zip from sdcard” after which it will show all the zip files which are present in your phone along with other files. But from the list of files, you need to select the file which is named as “1WifiFix” first and after updating with this you will need to select the file “2WifiFixJVS” and update the same.
Now, as soon as you apply both of these zip files, you will now have to reboot the phone and after that it’s done, your Wi Fi will run without any issues. Do let us know if you still face any issues with your Wi Fi connectivity in the comments section below as we will try to solve them as soon as possible.