No doubt HTC One X comes with one of the best processors and one of the best User interface as of now, but unfortunately there are some minor glitches which hampers the user experience a bit. So, in the due course of the article, we will be checking out on how you can easily fix the issues related to HTC Sense Launcher which is indeed a Sense 4.0 based launcher in one X. This launcher uses very high system resources which makes whole system bit laggy. All thanks to the hamdir who has come out with a work around which claims to sort out this issue. This will only work on the rooted phones and on the unlocked phones.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Please note that as of now this workaround will only work on the 1.29.401.11 and 1.29.401.7 version number of firmware. You can find out your firmware build number from the path “Settings > About Phone” path. Note that there are no UI changes after applying this fix, it’s just the performance will be improved and nothing else apart from minor effects which we will be speaking about in the due course of this article.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Minimum battery charge left in your ONE X should be not less than 40% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the process of applying this fix.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your HTC One X from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
Let’s head to the next section where we have summed up a detailed guide on how you can easily fix this lag in your One X.
Guide to Fix Launcher Issue in HTC One X:
- Ensure that your HTC One X is Rooted and Installed with Cock Work mod recovery. Now, download the Super Smooth Launcher or Ultra Smooth Launcher from here to your computer. You can refer to the below mentioned explanation to get more details on the difference between these two launchers.
Super Smooth launcher: This will keep the layered widgets in the starting screen which you begin from scrolling and also it freezes all other pages till the scrolling is stopped. In a nut shell, this is appropriate for all those who want slightly lesser 3D flip frame rate.
Ultra Smooth launcher: This one fully disables the flattening and freezing effect of all the home screens during scrolling. This mod too is applied to both FxWorkspace.smali and FxWorkspaceClient.smali like the one which is applied to the Super smooth launcher.
- Connect your One X to the computer and place the appropriate zip file in your phone. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the sub folders or else it won’t be detected.
- Turn off the device so that it can be entered in the boot loader mode. The Boot loader mode in HTC One X can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. If the phone boots in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the boot loader mode.
- So, that’s it you have now successfully fixed the launcher issue in your One X. You can return back to your original launcher at any point of time by updating with the “” Zip file from the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the placed zip file launcher in your device. Once selected, it will take around 4 – 5minutes for applying the same.
Congrats, the issue has been successfully fixed. Let us know for any assistance in this regard in the comments section below as we will try our level best to sort out the same at the earliest.