How to Fix Soft Brick HTC View EVO 4G after OTA Firmware Update
Updates are supposed to Update the device with an all new firmware but it doesn’t seem the case with an all new Official Honeycomb 3.2 OTA Roll Out, as some of the users have reported a Soft brick type consequences after applying the OTA update. So, for all those who are searching for a Fix for HTC Evo View 4G Soft brick, here we are with the fix. Thanks to Android Central Forums for coming out with this Fix, to keep things simple, we have further simplified the article so that even a newbie can follow the instructions to soft brick.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be responsible for any damage happened due to non-following of instructions which are mentioned in this article.
So assuming that the device is not booting up and is HTC Evo View 4G device Only, lets head to the instructions with which you can Unbrick the device.
Procedure to Unbrick HTC Evo View 4G after OTA Update:
- First up before proceeding, you need to ensure that the ADB is installed in your computer and is a Windows based computer with a minimum of Windows XP loaded.
- Next up, download Soft brick Fix for HTC Evo View 4G in your computer. Ensure that you are not renaming the file in any manner or else there is a probability that the device won’t be unbricked.
- Now, you need to copy the downloaded file to the fast boot folder which will be there in the Android SDK Folder.
- Turn ON your device in the fast boot mode which you can get in by first Powering Off the device and then Hold Volume Down Key + Power ON the device to boot the device in the Fastboot mode.
- With the help of Volume keys, get into the “fastboot” by selecting the option. Now, you need to connect your device to the computer using the Original USB cable and open the Command prompt in your computer.
- In the command prompt, you need to enter the below mentioned command as it is after navigating to the fastboot folder in the Android SDK.
fastboot flash recovery cwm-184.108.40.206-androidAdvices.img
- Now, after this once the file is flashed successfully in the recovery mode, you again need to get into the HBoot and select the Recovery to boot into the same.
- After this just in case if you wish to restore back the NANDROID Backup if any taken then you can restore back the same by selecting the appropriate options.
So, that’s it you have now successfully unbricked the HTC EVO View 4G device by following the above instructions. Do let us know just in case if you have any issues in the comments section as we will ensure that its sorted out at the earliest.