Updated with the latest version of RC 4.1 Android 4.0.3 Firmware for your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 and having issues with the Wi Fi? Then here is the fix for the same. Just in case if you are having an issue then follow the procedure which we will be checking out in the due course of this article. Please note that only after applying the update of RC 4.1, you can apply this update for your phone.
Since this version of ICS is not the final software update release, there will be some bugs but will be solved in the coming versions which too will be covered on Android Advices.
Note: In the process of applying fix and clearing the data from the recovery mode, all the data present in the phone memory will be cleared, so backup all such data so as to ensure that just in case if data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily.
Procedure to Fix Wi Fi Issue in RC 4.1 ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware:
- Download the Wi Fi Fix Package from here to your computer. After this, you need to connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Copy the zip file which you have downloaded and then disconnect the phone from computer and enable the USB Debugging Mode from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” after which turn off your phone so as to enter the phone in the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. In recovery mode, select options “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the cache present in the device. Disable all the lag fixes if there are any in your phone or else the device may even brick.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” after which navigate to the file named as “WiFiFix.zip” which you placed in the phone. It will take around a minute to apply this Wi Fi fix in your phone. After this, you need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone in the ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware.
For users Getting Force Close errors:
- If you are getting the force close errors then you will have to clear the cache from the recovery mode by selecting the options Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition”.
- After this, you need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” and select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
Congratulations, you have now successfully fixed the Wi Fi issue in your Samsung Galaxy S phones on the RC 4.1 ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware. Do share with us just in case if there is anything you need assistance on as we will try our level best to sort out the same.