Flash Galaxy S2 with Super Stable Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware – Ultimate Guide
Much more stable XXLSJ based Jellybean 4.1 firmware version can now be installed in your Samsung Galaxy S II GT I9100 smartphone and to make things simpler, we have also summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware easily. To get started, you need to make sure that you follow the list of pre requisites which we have mentioned below which will help you to update the device.
Express Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of rooting process.
- Ensure that your phone is not Network Locked as if you apply this update in the network locked device, the device may even get bricked.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
Since this is the custom ROM firmware, make sure that your phone is rooted. To check whether your phone is rooted or not. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you will have to root the same with the help of below mentioned steps,
So, assuming that you are done with rooting the device, you need to head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply the firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Biftor Jellybean 4.1.2 ROM Firmware:
- Download the Biftor Jellybean ROM Firmware from here to your computer. Connect your device to the computer and place the downloaded zip file in your device.
- Now, download the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store and select the option of “Reboot into recovery mode”.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S2 GT I9100 can be entered manually by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode.
- Now, select “install zip from sd card” to choose the placed Alliance Custom ROM firmware Package. It will take around 3 – 5 minutes for applying the update. Please note that sometimes it may take more than expected time for updating the same.
- Now, once the firmware is updated, select “go back” and select “reboot system now”. To check on whether the firmware has been successfully applied or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will get to see the firmware version as jellybean 4.2.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
So there you go, you have bow successfully applied the update of Jellybean based stable custom ROM firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same at the earliest.