Folks using SONY Android smartphone can get FM Radio working without a headset on your SONY Xperia device with the help of a small edit. So let’s check out on how this mod can be tweaked for your SONY device. Though this mod won’t be working for all the SONY smartphones, it’s no harm on trying for your SONY device. All thanks to XDA Recognized Contributor DaRk-L0rD for coming out with this tweak. This is a very short tweak and the whole process of applying this mod won;t take more than 5 – 10 minutes. Unfortunately, smartphones need the headset for starting FM radio as companies say that the connected headphone acts as an antenna. Unfortunately, we couldn’t get the list of devices which supports this mod.
Note: Please note that applying this mod won’t void the warranty and also this is just an application and not any custom ROM firmware. Also, you are not required to root your SONY device.
Guide to make FM Radio work in your SONY smartphone without connecting headphones:
- First up download Radio3.apk from here to your computer along with the Notepad ++ . Install the Notepad ++ tool in your computer. Also, we are assuming that you know how to decompile and compile APK files.
- Up next, decompile the Radio3.apk file. Navigate to smali/com/sonyericsson/fmradio/service/ and then open PhfHandler.smali to open with the Notepad++.
- You now need to search for the below mentioned line;
.method public isPhfConnected
- Delete the below mentioned line;
if-eqz v0, :cond_0
- Save the file and compile the Radio3.apk to copy the same in your phone. Move the same to the system/apps and set the permission to rw-r-r
So there you go, you can now listen to FM radio without needing to attach the headphone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of applying this mod.