Over a period of days after updating with the latest versions of Gingerbread 2.3.4 XXJVP, XXJVQ and also XXJVR it has been found that many users are complaining of frequent force close errors and also many issues even with the dialer which is the basic stuff which is used by the users. So, from now not any more you need to bear it as we will now tell you on how you can fix this issue in a very simple manner. It was previously found that after the installation of many applications, the phone used to encounter with many other issues like the screen blackout, phone.apk error and other issues with the frequent force close errors with many other applications.
So, in the due course of this article we will see on how you can easily fix the same. But please note that to fix this issue, you will have to root your phone which too we will guide you in a simple to understand steps. Please note that though rooting the phone will void the warranty, this process is reversible and the rooting process is reversible process. So, you can revoke the root access at any point of time, all you need to do is to just apply any of the firmware update for your Galaxy S GT I9000 with XXJVP / XXJVQ / XXJVR and then you will be easily able to revoke the root access.
Please note that since this process involves the rooting of the phone, you need to make sure that you are Ok with the warranty voiding part. Though we will guide you to reclaim the warranty and just in case if you face any issues then you can anytime mention the same in the comments section below and we will address this issue as soon as possible.
Note : Please note that in the process of updation you will be losing all the data which is SMS, Contacts, Music, Videos and Pictures if they are stored in the phone. All the contents stored in your external SD Card will stay intact and no contents will be modified in the external SD card. Additionally, all the APN Settings as well as the MMS Settings too will be erased, so you need to ensure that you are noting all this settings somewhere so that you can then restore the same by configuring it manually once the firmware updation process is done. To know on how you can back up all your data, kindly refer to the “Pre Upgrade Instructions” which are mentioned in the due course of this article.
Disclaimer : We take no responsibility in any manner if any damage occurs with your phone which is a very unlikely event if you follow each and every single instruction which is mentioned in the due course of this article. Although if at all there are any issues then do report us in the comments section and we will help you in solving the same.
So, let’s proceed and see on how you can apply this fix on your phone.
Procedure to Fix Force Close Errors in XXJVP / XXJVQ / XXJVR 2.3.4 firmware:
- So, before you proceed to the further process, you will have to fist root your devices on your respective firmwares. As we understand that you are on any of the firmwares which are XXJVP, XXJVQ and XXJVR versions. If not, then first you need to update your devices to the respective firmware versions and once you are done with the firmware updation then you will have to proceed to root the same from the below links where the simple rooting instructions are mentioned.
- Now, you will have to download the Patch Zip file from here to your computer and need to place the same in your phone. Please note that you should not rename or modify this patched zip file or else it will not be detected. Ensure that you are not placing this zip file deep into the folders or else the same won’t be detected. You can move this file by connecting the phone to your computer with the help of the USB Cable.
- So, once you are done with the rooting process, you now have to clear the cache and data from the recovery mode. To enter into the recovery mode, you will have to press down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Now in the recovery mode, you will have to now choose the option of “install zip from SD card” and then “choose zip from sdcard” after which it will show all the zip files which are present in your phone along with other files. But from the list of files, you need to select the file which is named as “phonefix.zip”.
- Now, after applying the update file, you now need to again go to the recovery mode after which you will have to choose the options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
- We have also come up with the short video on how you can enter into the recovery mode just in case if you are not well versed on how you can enter the recovery mode above.
Note: Please note that after clearing the cache you will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset. You will have to contact your Service provider to get more info on the APN Settings. Not to forget also configure the MMS Settings.
That’s it you have now successfully updated your phone with the patch and also the issues pertaining to the stability of the firmware. Do let us know just in case if the issues are still pertaining as we will try our level best to solve them all.