BIG News for HTC One users is here and is that you can now gain S-Off very easily which was needed for most of the Developers. Lets check out on how you can gain S-Off in your HTC One smartphone. Please note that before we proceed on to check on what are the instructions, you need to follow the list of quick pre requisites which we have mentioned below. The exploit takes the form of a single binary, which is pushed to /data/local/tmp (a location where the user has free access to write files to using the adb service, and execute them from within), and run the prepare command (revone -P) in order to prepare the device for the process of gaining S-OFF.
After this, the Bootloader too can be unlocked and also can tamper the flag to Zero. It is very unfortunate that HTC Continues to offer the locked devices to developer community have challenged developers to find this exploit themselves and all thanks to revolutionary.io for the same.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your HTC One should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with the HTC Sync.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > More > Development Options > USB debugging” enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Minimum charge left in your phone is 30% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of rooting process.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head to the next page where we have mentioned the detailed guide on how to achieve S-Off in your HTC One smartphone.
Procedure to Achieve S-Off in your HTC One Smartphone:
- Connect your HTC One with the computer using the original USB cable. Download Revone in your computer and push the same to your device with the help of below command;
adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
- Now open the ADB Shell and enter the below mentioned command,
chmod 755 revone
- Just in case if you device is unlocked and rooted you need to switch to root using the su command. Prepare to gain the S-Off by entering the command as
- Just in case if revone reports success, then reboot the device to the next step. If revone reboots the device (we’ll pretend this isn’t an undiagnosed random crash) please wait 2 minutes then try again from step 2 of “cd /data/local/tmp”. If revone reports that you need to reboot and try again please reboot and try again from step 2. Once the device is successfully prepared for S-Off, open other ADB Shell and change to /data/local/tmp directory. Now, all you need to do is to instruct to Revone about the unlock Status by running the status of
./revone -s 0 –u
- In the meanwhile, you can also make use of the below mentioned commands for your use;
* -u – Unlock the device
* -l – Lock the device (as if it was never unlocked)
* -r – Relock the device (mark the device as relocked)
* -t – Reset the device’s tamper flag.
- Assuming that Revone has been successful, you need to enter the command as “adb reboot bootloader”. Now, re run the Revone to remove the TAMPERED from your HBoot Screen by entering the command;
Tip: Just in case if the device refuses to turn ON, you will need to long press the power button and then re apply the firmware update again.
So there you go, you have now successfully achieved the S-Off in your HTC One Smartphone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of S-OFF as we will try our level best to address the same.