Something’s are simple! Yes, and out of those things, updating your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830i smartphone too is a simple. Yes, it’s completely Safe, Secured, Free and won’t even won’t void the warranty. We understand that with thousands of Websites advising to update with the firmware for your device, you might just be confused on which one to trust upon. So, let’s check out on how you can simply update your device’s firmware with the latest and stable firmware of Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware which fixes almost all the bugs which are there in your existing firmware. This firmware is dubbed as XXLK3 2.3.6 Firmware Gingerbread version. Unfortunately, there won’t be any ICS or Jellybean firmware updates for your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830i smartphone.
With some simple steps which we have brewed just for you, your firmware update experience never be a tiring one. All you need to do is to just follow the pre requisites which we have summed up below and then followed by which we will be checking out on how you can apply this firmware update in your device. So, let’s proceed with the same.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t backup with any other means as it may not help you restoring your data back after updating.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable USB Debugging Mode in your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830i. Also, you need to ensure that the minimum battery charge left in your phone is not less than 40% or else the phone may get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
So, assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can now proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy ACE S5830i with Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware:
- Download Odin and XXLK3 2.3.6 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the firmware in your computer and then open odin in your computer.
- Turn Off the Phone so that it can be then entered in the Download mode. The download mode in Galaxy ACE S5830i can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button . Just in case if the device boots in the normal mode then you will have to again try the process of entering into the download mode.
- Connect your Galaxy ACE S5830i to computer with the help of original USB cable while keeping the Odin application opened in your PC. Once the device is connected, you should see that the ID : COM section in your Odin turns Yellow which will indicate that all the drivers have been installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” tab to select “tar.md5” which you have got after extracting the firmware package. Once you are done with the selection, click on “Start” for starting the process of firmware update. As soon as the update is applied successfully, you will see that the device will be rebooted automatically.
- To check on whether the firmware is updated successfully or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you can find the current firmware version.
Note: just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.