Update Galaxy GIO S5660 with Official Value Pack XXKTT 2.3.6 Firmware
Value Pack for Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 smartphone is here, unfortunately there won’t be any ICS or jellybean 4.1.1 rolled out by Samsung officially but all thanks to the developers who are trying harder to come up with the supported version of ICS or Jellybean. This all new value pack rolled out by Samsung is dubbed as XXKTT Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware version. We saw various custom ROM firmwares for Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 smartphone but for all those who wanted to restore their firmware with the latest & official version, then you can easily restore back to the official firmware version.
This Value Pack XXKTT Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware version is released by Samsung Officially in select countries and not all the countries, so just in case if your phone is not a network locked device and is Open device, this update can be applied by following the below said instructions.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 should be backed up with the help of below steps and not with KIES as KIES doesn’t detect the firmwares released other than in your country due to CSC code. So, with the help of below mentioned steps, take the backup and move all the target files to your computer / laptop.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Navigate to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging. Minimum battery charge should not be below 30% or else device is at risk of getting turned Off in the middle of update.
- All the antivirus suites should be turned Off / uninstalled as these interrupt the process of firmware update. Applying this update will in no manner root the device and also the best part is just in case if your device is rooted and installed with custom ROM, this firmware will unroot the device and your warranty will be restored.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware in your Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 smartphone.
Procedure to Update Galaxy GIO S5660 with Value Pack 2.3.6 XXKTT Firmware Update:
- Download the Value Pack XXKTT 2.3.6 Package and Odin Pack for S5660 from here to your computer. Once downloaded, open Odin in your computer and extract the XXKTT Firmware Package contents in your computer, preferably to the desktop.
- Open Odin in your computer and turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- The Galaxy Gio S 5660 can be entered into the download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers have been installed and you are ready to proceed to the next step.
- Now, in Odin click on “OPS” to select “GIO_v1.0.ops” and then at the bottom of the Odin, click on “One Package” and select “___________.tar.md5” file which you have extracted in the initial step.
- Once you have selected the files, click on the “Start” tab to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the update is applied successfully, the device will be restarted. Please note that the whole process might take up to 10 minutes. With the help of the progress bar in your phone, you can track the progress of firmware update.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So, there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how you can apply this Value Pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware in your Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 device. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.