Time for some action for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 users as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can install an all new version of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update which is rock stable and comes with no bugs what so ever. This firmware is built on the JRO03L Jellybean built and ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 RC12.1 firmware version. Full credits to the recognized XDA developer iall5tar who has come out with this update. This firmware version has now been optimized for daily use.
Unfortunately, Samsung won’t be coming up with the official Jellybean 4.1 firmware update and this is the best ever Jellybean 4.1 firmware which almost looks like the Stock / Default firmware of Galaxy Nexus smartphone. In the last few articles we saw on some of the Jellybean 4.1.1 based firmwares but they weren’t that stable when compared with this one. You can revert back to the original / Stock firmware at any point of time, to o back you can follow the instructions mentioned below to roll back to XXJW4 firmware version. Let’s proceed to check out the screen captures on how this firmware looks like.
Update (16/10/2012): This new Jellybean 4.1.1 is based on the Final Version of Code Name build and is one of the super stable Jellybean builds.
Features (Updated on 16/10/2012):
- Codename-Android-3.6.5-i9000-Final.This is final version of 3.6.5.
- Latest source build(not so many changes)+implemented some code from cm10.CNA repo now follow changes from cm10 in some areas(hardware,libs,system).
- APN fixed
- Semaphore kernel 2.3.0
- Semaphore app as system app.
- New simple and effective bootanimation.
- Small build.prop changes (Mod version display).
- This version is no wipe if you coming from previous version.Flash gapps after rom flash
All the data present in your phone should be backed up with the help of below steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES to back up the data as KIES doesn’t detect the device in the custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- Minimum battery life should be more than 40%. You will have to make sure that your Galaxy S device is rooted. To check, download “Root Checker” app from the PLAY Store and check on whether the device is rooted or not. Please note that just in case if you haven’t rooted your device, then with the help of below links you can easily update and root the device.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update.