It hasn’t arrived on Xmas, but for New Year it’s all here! Yes we are talking of an all new Multi Window supported Official Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware for at&t powered Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone. So, if you too are equally excited then lets proceed to the detailed instructions on how to apply this firmware update. Please note that as of now this update can only be updated with the devices which are rooted. To check if your phone is rooted or not, with the help of “Root Checker” app, you can find out the same. If your device is rooted, then you can proceed to the next step so that you can get your device ready for the firmware update.
Though there is no estimated time on by when this Official update of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware will be pushed to all the Note 2 devices, but it’s slated to be pushed within a fortnight. Earlier, Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device has got an Official jellybean 4.1.2 update but unfortunately you can’t apply that update. As always, first this update was pushed to the International devices and then it will be gradually be rolling out to Galaxy Note 2 devices locked on to AT&T, T – Mobile. Sprint and other operators.
Caution: This update can only be updated on at&t Galaxy Note 2 I317 model only To check the model number, you can head over to path “Settings > About Phone”.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process.
- Download “ROM Manager” app from the Google PLAY Store and then ensure that the su binary is updated in the super user app which too can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned pre requisites, you can now head over to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide.
Guide to Update AT&T SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download the Official Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable to place the zip file in your Note 2.
- Once the file is copied, disconnect the device and open the ROM Manager app so that the device can be entered in the recovery mode. Just in case if you are getting any error while entering the device in the recovery mode, then with the help of below mentioned step you can enter the device into Recovery mode manually.
- Hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button) and while holding these both keys, press the Power button for turning the device ON in the recovery mode in your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 I317.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” and then select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware.
- After this, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Jellybean 4.1.2 custom ROM Firmware Package which you have placed in your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone.
- Once the zip file is selected, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. Once you see the message as “install from sd card completed”, you need to select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- To check whether the firmware has been updated or not, you will have to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you can find the current firmware version as “Jellybean 4.1.2” firmware UCALK7 version.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of applying this firmware update.