Manual Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Official Jellybean 4.1.2 XXDMA6 Firmware – Guide
Samsung says Hello to all the esteemed users of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as with the arrival of new firmware for your device which is dubbed as XXDMA6 ropes in the Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. This XXDMA6 variant of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware fixes almost all the issues related to the Camera and processor over heating of the phone. The best part of this firmware is that it’s an Official firmware released by Samsung and won’t be voiding the warranty which otherwise is the case with all the custom ROM firmwares. So, let’s check out on what are the quick pre requisites and also the detailed procedure on how you can apply this update manually.
Though we don’t have a detailed list of change log which will tell you the exact list of changes in this firmware version, this update comes with many performance fixes which will fix most of the bugs. As of now this update is not yet rolled out to all the devices across all the countries, but you can apply this update to all the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 devices.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned quick steps so as to make sure that all your data can be restored manually. Don’t use KIES or ROM Manager to back up the data as there is no guarantee that these methods will be useful while restoring the backup.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process. Ensure that your device is not rooted.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
Assuming that you have performed all the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to update your Galaxy Note 2 device with this XXDMA6 Firmware update with the help of simple steps.
Procedure to update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with XXDMA6 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download Odin and XXDMA6 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both of them in your computer.
- Open Odin in your computer and turn off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download mode in Galaxy Note N7100 can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Up key to continue entering the Download Mode.
- Once device gets into the download mode, connect your device to the computer with the help of Original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM Section will turn Blue indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully and you are ready to proceed to the next step.
- Click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you got after extracting the XXDMA6 Firmware Package. Ignore the other .dll file which comes along with the firmware package file. Once the same is selected, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update.
- It will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update and once it’s updated, the Galaxy Note 2 will be rebooted. Once you see the Language selection or Country selector option, you can disconnect the device and head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will get to see the firmware version as XXDMA6 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware version.
Note: If by any chance you come across with any issues related to phone not booting or device getting into the Boot Loop Mode, then you will need to re follow the above mentioned instructions to apply the update.
So, there you go you have now successfully updated your Galaxy Note 2 with Official firmware of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you come across with any issues. Very soon there will be an Official update of Jellybean 4.2 for Galaxy Note 2 N7100