Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 users now have a reason to feel pumped up as over a period of this article we will be guiding you on how you can accommodate the latest state of the art Android 4.2 firmware version right in your device. Though there are still no updates on by when there will be Jellybean 4.2 version of firmware will be rolling out officially by Samsung, the good thing is that developers are all here with the custom ROM firmwares which will help you apply this latest jellybean 4.2 firmwares with the help of custom ROM firmware called “Jellybam” firmware. Also, we have listed some of the brief features which this firmware comes with.
Key Features of Jellybam 4.2 Firmware for S2 GT I9100:
- Overall features of AOKP, CM10 and PARANOID -
- Custom JellyBam Settings with preferences -
- Tons of customizations -
- Themes and Mods in JellyBam style -
- Aroma installer -
- Latest CM10/AOKP vsync patched Kernel -
- Latest Siyah and DorimanX -
- Google apps from android 4.2 -
- New Mali driver -
- Exynos HWComposer -
- Lockscreen with x8 Custom app targets -
- Gallery, Camera and KeyBoard from 4.2 -
- Clock from android 4.2 -
- Google play music from android 4.2 -
- photo sphere and panorama works
Express Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy S2 should be backed up with the help of below manual steps. Don’t backup with the help of KIES PC Tool as it won’t detect the custom ROM firmwares.
Note: Don’t backup the data with the help of ROM MANAGER as it may even brick the device for which we should not be held responsible for any damage.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum battery level left in your phone should not fall below 30% so as to make sure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
- Download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store and check whether your phone is rooted or not. If your device is not rooted, you will
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- Please note that as of now it’s on the latest 4.1.2 Jellybean firmware but soon an OTA will power the device on the latest jellybean 4.2 firmware. But all the apps in this firmware are from Jellybean 4.2 firmware.
So as soon as the device is rooted and all the data in your device is backed up, you will now need to head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update.