Just few days after we saw on how you can install with the Official Jellybean 4.1 firmware in your Galaxy S2 smartphone, it’s time to relish the Jellybean 4.1 update in an up scaled manner. Please note that in this article we will be checking out on how you can install the latest and the most feature filled custom ROM firmware which is dubbed as the Joel Droid custom ROM firmware. Be it the Multi Window feature or the new Gallery app of Jellybean 4.2 OS or the stability and the magic of smoothness, this firmware has it all. For your convenience, we have also mentioned the detailed features and also the screen captures on how this firmware looks like in your device.
Note: Please note that this firmware can only be applied to the I9100 Model. To check your model number you need to go to the path “Settings > About Device”.
Features of Joel Droid Jellybean 4.2 Firmware:
- De-odexed, Rooted & Zip aligned
- Pure Stock Themed
- Unlimited SMS recipient list
- No SMS to MMS convert
- Automatic SMS encoding (Arabic support)
- Extended Stock Status bar
- Tweaked Speed & Battery life
- Disabled scrolling cache
- Enabled check spelling
- Large APN list
- No incremental ringtone
- Enabled Call recording
- Enabled Ripple effect on Stock Lock screen
- Enabled Sensor aiding for fast GPS lock & better battery life
- 4 Way reboot
- 4 Shortcuts on the Lock screen
- Disabled home button lag
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s get started with the detailed procedure on how to apply this all new firmware update in your Galaxy S2 but before that you will have to make sure that you follow the list of pre requisites which we have summed up below,
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all your data with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned step.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Make sure that the minimum charge left in your device is a minimum of 60% so as to make sure that your phone doesn’t get turned off in the middle of firmware update.
- For applying this update you will have to be on the rooted firmware. To check on whether your Galaxy S2 is rooted or not, download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check on whether your device is rooted or not. Just in case if your device is not rooted, then you will have to root the same with the help of below mentioned steps;
How to Root Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XXLSJ Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware (Will update the link soon)
So assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.