For all those who wanted to update your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 smartphone with the latest custom ROM firmware which is dubbed as Thebyani custom ROM firmware which is based on the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware. Unfortunately there is no ETA on by when there will be an Official firmware update rolled out by Samsung for Galaxy S2 in the form of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware but all thanks to the custom ROM firmware developers for coming out with this firmware update. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the instructions with which you can apply this update along with the screen captures on how this firmware looks like.
Caution: This update is only for I9100 Galaxy S2 model and not for S2 I9100G model of smartphone. So, check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the device details will be mentioned.
Features of Thebyani custom ROM firmware:
- Based on CyanogenMod 10 full AOSP Jelly Bean
- Dorimanx 5.85 Kernel
- Added OTA support (Now u can recieve Thebyani updates OTA)
- Bug fixes
- Fixed clear all button not appearing in notification bar
- Thebyani Boot animation
- Fix automatic brightness
- Added the option to change the soft keyboard type when composing
- Added an option in AROMA for Thebyani themed keyboard
- Updated go backup to pro version of it
- Added a custom background
- Added a new clock
- Changed ringtone sound fot calls
- Changed the lock screen clock color to blue
- Fixed launcher translation in Arabic language
- Fixed small numbers not showing issue in Thebyani themed keyboard
Download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store and check whether your phone is rooted or not. If your device is not rooted, you will
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- Your precious data should be backed up so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets erased / corrupted, you should be in a position to restore the same. So, with the help of below mentioned manual steps you will have to create the backup.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Note: Don’t backup the data with the help of ROM MANAGER as it may even brick the device for which we should not be held responsible for any damage.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your device and computer. Minimum battery life in your Samsung Galaxy S2 should not be less than 50% so as to make sure that device doesn’t get turned off in the middle of firmware update process.
Let’s head to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update with a detailed guide.