XWLSD Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware for Galaxy S II GT I9100 smartphone is here and in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily update the same with the help of a detailed tutorial which we will be checking out in the due course of this article. It was the last time when we saw on how you can update your Galaxy S2 smartphone with the help of XWLS8 version of Jellybean 4.1.2. This XWLSD Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware is the official firmware version which got released by Samsung. There is no ETA on by when this official firmware update will be released from Samsung globally, but till then you can very well apply this update.
Note: Since this update is Official update released by Samsung, applying your device with this update won’t void the warranty in any manner. We request you to follow all the instructions carefully before proceeding to apply this firmware update.
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the KIES as your device may not detect with the KIES after applying this update as till now this update might not have arrived for your Country.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 30% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update. Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone.
- Now, turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Recovery Mode in Galaxy S II I9100 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up + Menu Button and then holding these both buttons, you will need to turn ON the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode, clear all the cache and wipe the data by selecting the corresponding options. Once it’s done, reboot the device in the Normal Mode. If you are on custom ROM firmware, then you also need to clear the dalvik cache.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Once you are done with all the above mentioned steps, proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed tutorial on how to apply with this firmware update.
Tutorial to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLSD Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLSD Firmware package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both of the zip files to the desktop preferably.
- Now, all you need to do is to just turn off your Galaxy SII so that it can be entered in the Download mode. Download mode in Galaxy S II GT I9100 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Open Odin in your computer and connect your Galaxy S2 smartphone with the computer using the original USB cable. In Odin you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- In Odin, click on “PDA” and select the .tar file which you get after the extraction of the firmware zip file. Ignore the .dll file.
- Once selected, click on “Start” for starting the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware update process is completed, you will see that the device will be rebooted automatically.
- Till you see the Language selection / Country Selector option, don’t disconnect the device from computer. It may take longer time than expected for the device to reboot as it’s the first reboot after the upgrade.
- To check whether the firmware has been updated to the latest version or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will get to see the firmware version as “Jellybean 4.1.2” firmware version.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
So, there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply the latest XWLSD Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware in your device. Do keep us posted in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try to address the same as soon as possible.