Galaxy S3 GT I9305 – Steps to Update with Official Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware
All the users of Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9305 smartphone can now be updated with the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 XXBLL3 firmware. Please note that before we proceed, we will be checking out on what are the detailed pre requisites which one has to follow. This update has been rolled out to all the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9305 smartphones across all the operators, but just in case if you haven’t received any updates, you can apply this update manually with the help of below mentioned steps.
With this update, there are many things which have been added in the device as with this update all the jellybean 4.1 apps and also fixes most of the bugs which are there in the ICS builds. So, let’s proceed and check out on how you can apply the same but before that you will have to ensure that you follow the list of pre requisites which we have summed below.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy S3 mini I8190 smartphone should be backed up manually and not with KIES or ROM Manager as it may brick the device completely. With the help of below mentioned steps, you can easily create a backup.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process. Ensure that your device is not rooted.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
So, assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now proceed to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9305 smartphone
- Download Odin and below mentioned Firmware package in your computer and extract the same.
Unlocked / Unbranded Devices – I9305XXBLL3_I9305DBTBLL3 Download
Austria (A1 Telekom) – GT-I9305_MOB_I9305XXBLL3_I9305MOBBLL1 Download
Denmark (Three) – GT-I9305_HTD_I9305XXBLL3_I9305HTDBLL2 Download
Greece (Cosmote) – GT-I9305_COS_I9305XXBLL3_I9305COSBLL3 Download
Hungary (T-mobile) – GT-I9305_TMH_I9305XXBLL3_I9305TMHBLL3 Download
Poland (PLUS) – GT-I9305_PLS_I9305XXBLL3_I9305PLSBLL3 Download
Portugal (Vodafone) – GT-I9305_TCL_I9305XXBLL3_I9305TCLBLL1 Download
Switzerland (Swisscom) – GT-I9305_SWC_ I9305XXBLL3_I9305SWCBLL1 Download
- Now, open Odin in your computer and extract the Firmware Update Zip file in your computer. Now, turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the download mode.
- The download mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9305 can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Up key to continue entering the Download Mode.
- Now, all you need to do is to just connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then open the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers have been successfully installed.
- Click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you have got after extracting the firmware zip package which is the tar file. Once you have selected it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the firmware update. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated your device with the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. Do share with using the comments section just in case if you face any issues.