Premium Suite Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean arrives finally for Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone and is dubbed as XXELL4 firmware. Though this firmware skips the Multi Window capability feature, this one ropes in the stable features along with other minute user interface changes. With apps like “Paper Artist” and “Smart Rotation”, you can make the most out of your Galaxy S3 device. So, let’s get started with the detailed guide on how you can update your device with the latest firmware.
This Jellybean 4.1.2 Update has officially made its way in most of the European Countries and also has arrived in Poland. Soon, this update will be pushed to unbranded Galaxy S3 devices in Germany, Switzerland, Rest of Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin Americans too will get this Jellybean 4.1.2 update.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case I the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or else the device may get powered off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update in your Samsung Galaxy S3.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 with Premium Suite XXELL4 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download XXELL4 Firmware Update (Download your country specific Firmware Package) and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both of them in your computer. Just in case if your country is not listed, then you can download the “United Kingdom” one since it’s a generic firmware.
United Kingdom: GT-I9300_BTU_I9300XXELL4_I9300OXAELL4 Download
Germany: GT-I9300_DBT_I9300XXELL4_I9300DBTELL1 Download
Russia: GT-I9300_SER_I9300XXELL4_I9300OXEELL1 Download
Nordic Countries: GT-I9300_NEE_I9300XXELL4_I9300NEEELL1 Download
Switzerland: GT-I9300_AUT_I9300XXELL4_I9300AUTELK2 Download
- Now, upon extraction you will get to see the files as mentioned below. Open Odin in your computer and turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Download mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9300 can be entered in recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers have been installed in your computer and you are now ready to go to the next step.
- Click on “PDA” to select “tar file” which you get after firmware extraction and then select the option of “Start” for starting the process of firmware update. Ignore the .dll file which you get after extracting the firmware package. Once the file is selected, click on “Start” for starting the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, you can see that the device will be rebooted automatically.
- Now, all you need to do is to follow the on screen instructions for setting up the phone for the First use. Head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you can find the firmware details as XXLLE4 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So, there you go, you have now successfully applied the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware in your Galaxy S3 smartphone. Do share with us if there is anything you want assistance in the comments section below.